MIUI v5 (v4.8.29)
Elephone P7 Mini – Android 4.2.2 – MTK 6582
Removed chinese apps where possible
Really stable and fast. (no major bug found, some small ones are caused by the removal of the chinese apps)
1. Use MTK Droid Tools to root your device and install CWM Recovery.
2. Make a backup of your base ROM from MTK Droid Tools (IMPORTANT)
3. Make a backup of your current ROM with CWM (YES, ANOTHER BACKUP. DO IT NOW)
4. Download your new MIUI ROM from the link above.
5. Yes, your line is slow
6. Put the zip file in your sdcard
7. Reboot in CWM Recovery (Power Off your phone, Hold Vol. Up + Power until phone vibrates. Release Power. Select Recovery)
8. Do the following:
. Wipe data/factory reset,
. Wipe cache partition,
. Advanced –> Wipe dalvik cache,
. Install zip from sdcard
. Select the correct zip file and flash.
9. Reboot and have fun !!!
* Be patient during first boot. It might take as long as 5 minutes to finish the entire boot process. Do not interrupt it. *
* I've added a Super-SU update in case anyone has trouble updating the included MIUI SuperSU from Google PlayStore. In order to use it save it to your sd card, reboot phone to cwm recovery and flash it from there.