Disclaimer : I'm not responsible and report what has been working for my case which was as well leading to no data lost, no wipe so far.
Note : Having an alternate recovery (TWRP instead of 3e) would avoid a successfull any future phone update done through the menu
What could be needed : -> Same tools and steps as the Doogee X5, except the Scatted for MT6735 and recovery.img files.
SP_Flash_Tools and Doogee X5 procedure
TWRP Recovery file, in English
+ Attached Scatter for Mediatek MT6735
- Optional- Doogee X5Pro Rom
- Download/Unpack FlashTools, run Flash_tool.exe as an Administrator
- Select "Download Agent" and input MKT_AllInOne_DA.bin
- Select "scatter-Loading" and search MT6735_Android_scatter.txt
- Select "Download Only"
- Uncheck all boxes
- Checkmark and change the path of recovery file to be replaced.
- Make sure the connection is made through USB in the options (See screenshot)
- Turn off your phone, remove the battery and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).
- Press “Download” button to start and connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
- The process will start and a red progress bar will appear after color purple, yellow.
- And green circles in a new window is then displayed.. -> OK
- Finish !
Once this recovery has been done.
- Boot the phone with Power and Vol+ simultaneously.
- Select "Recovery" with VolUp key, validate with VolDown key.
- Plug the phone to the PC, and drop the BETA-SuperSu.v220 on the SD Card
- Install SuperSU then reboot.
The phone is now rooted.. place to Xposed, or any apps through the TWRP recovery.